SDE III I Kubernetes Platform
Who we are:
grofers is leading the charge in transforming India’s vast, unorganised grocery landscape through cutting-edge technology and innovation. We believe every Indian deserves the opportunity to continually improve their life – a process that often begins at home. As part of our mission of helping consumers make healthier, better choices when buying everyday products, we make a wide range of high-quality grocery and household products accessible, affordable, and available right at their doorsteps.
Built on a proprietary technology stack, the grofers platform serves as a convergence of consumers looking for everyday essentials, partner stores who serve their needs efficiently, and manufacturers looking for a channel to reach a nation of consumers. While our technology caters to the burgeoning population of urban India, it is ready and poised to serve the next 100+ million Indians who are yet to start shopping online.
We believe the ecosystem we power can transform the lives of a billion Indians significantly over the coming decade. They will have access to everyday essentials like groceries at the best value, be able to discover products that improve their health and wellbeing, and spend more meaningful time with their families – with the assurance that their essential needs are being looked after by us. On the other side of this virtuous cycle are the millions of local businesses catering to a nation’s needs, helping create more opportunities for employment, growth, and above all, a better life.
It's a $600 Billion challenge to solve, which is why we are looking at hiring smart, articulate and ambitious individuals to be a part of the team building the future at grofers. If this seems exciting to you, join us! Read more about us here.
Why you will love working with us:
- Customer love: We always put the interests of customers ahead of our own. We work hard to earn and keep their trust, and to bring them delight
- Bias for action: We dream big, take risks and have a strong bias for action. In difficult situations we make sound decisions and take thoughtful action
- Frugality: We are always looking for ways to do more with less - by creating the highest leverage possible with our time, as well as resources
- Confidence: We are tenacious and optimistic, and do not take no for an answer. Our people are quietly confident and openly humble
- Challenge status-quo: We are candid, authentic and transparent. We speak our mind, make connections that others miss and take smart risks
- Learner’s mindset: We keep learning and evolving to be able to meet our audacious goal of empowering every Indian to lead a better life
About the Kubernetes Platform team:
The Kubernetes Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the Kubernetes infrastructure platform as a product used by engineers at grofers. The platform powers all the services powering the grofers product, including the web and mobile applications, dynamic pricing engines, warehousing and logistic divisions combined together serving tens of thousands of orders everyday. We work closely with our engineering teams to improve the platform features while maintaining security, compliance and availability of the platform.
Here is a quick peek into some of our work that we have been doing:
What you will do:
- You will be developing on container native technologies and tools to empower developer workflows (ex: skaffold, helm)
- You will be improving the platform capabilities to solve for new use-cases (developer experience, simpler operations and resilience) using cloud-native technologies and Kubernetes core capabilities such as CRDs, kubectl plugins, etc.
- You will be working on solving challenges of rapidly scaling the core Kubernetes platform in a cost efficient way.
- You will own the entire Kubernetes stack and work towards improving the availability (99.95% uptime), scalability while looking after operations such as upgrades and updates of the cluster and allied components
- You will be working closely with other platform teams to help them advance our overall capabilities for faster build, test and release cycles
- As a senior, you will be responsible to manage and execute technical projects and migrations, design and implement infrastructure management policies, grow engineers technically, do necessary R&D for larger technical changes and build alignment for technical decisions within the team as well as with stakeholder across other teams , and come up with new initiatives to improve the DevOps culture at grofers
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience of operating Kubernetes cluster with production grade traffic
- You have good knowledge and experience setting up the different components of a Kubernetes cluster, and understand how they interact
- You have hands on experience with cloud-native technologies in the areas of GitOps (ex: argoCD, Tekton), Infrastructure-as-Code (ex: Terraform, eksctl), policy management (ex: OPA, Kyverno), logging and monitoring (ex: prometheus, grafana, loki)
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent with Python, Bash, Golang, or other scripting languages
- Experience with Golang is a must. We write our own CRDs and operators for our Kubernetes platform
- Experience with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Understanding of security and compliance frameworks (such as ISO27001, PCI, NIST, CIS, etc.),and cloud-native governance and security tooling
Good to have:
- Past experience in writing controllers and CRDs
- Experience with back-end technologies such as Django, Flask, Rails, etc.
- Understanding of compliance frameworks (such as ISO27001, PCI, SOX, etc.) and cloud-native security
Excited? You will be, once you visit our Engineering Blog where you can deep dive into all the cool stuff that our engineers have been working on.