SDE II I Continuous Delivery Platform
Who we are:
grofers is leading the charge in transforming India’s vast, unorganised grocery landscape through cutting-edge technology and innovation. We believe every Indian deserves the opportunity to continually improve their life – a process that often begins at home. As part of our mission of helping consumers make healthier, better choices when buying everyday products, we make a wide range of high-quality grocery and household products accessible, affordable, and available right at their doorsteps.
Built on a proprietary technology stack, the grofers platform serves as a convergence of consumers looking for everyday essentials, partner stores who serve their needs efficiently, and manufacturers looking for a channel to reach a nation of consumers. While our technology caters to the burgeoning population of urban India, it is ready and poised to serve the next 100+ million Indians who are yet to start shopping online.
We believe the ecosystem we power can transform the lives of a billion Indians significantly over the coming decade. They will have access to everyday essentials like groceries at the best value, be able to discover products that improve their health and wellbeing, and spend more meaningful time with their families – with the assurance that their essential needs are being looked after by us. On the other side of this virtuous cycle are the millions of local businesses catering to a nation’s needs, helping create more opportunities for employment, growth, and above all, a better life.
It's a $600 Billion challenge to solve, which is why we are looking at hiring smart, articulate and ambitious individuals to be a part of the team building the future at grofers. If this seems exciting to you, join us! Read more about us here.
Why you will love working with us:
- Customer love: We always put the interests of customers ahead of our own. We work hard to earn and keep their trust, and to bring them delight
- Bias for action: We dream big, take risks and have a strong bias for action. In difficult situations we make sound decisions and take thoughtful action
- Frugality: We are always looking for ways to do more with less - by creating the highest leverage possible with our time, as well as resources
- Confidence: We are tenacious and optimistic, and do not take no for an answer. Our people are quietly confident and openly humble
- Challenge status-quo: We are candid, authentic and transparent. We speak our mind, make connections that others miss and take smart risks
- Learner’s mindset: We keep learning and evolving to be able to meet our audacious goal of empowering every Indian to lead a better life
About CD Platform Team
As part of the Continuous Delivery (CD) Platform team, you will work on optimizing developer workflow through automation, tooling, and infrastructure. You will be building tools for effective developer experience that help them ship working software faster. You will work closely with engineering teams across the company to help them adopt processes and tooling in order to move fast, and build reliable and scalable systems, thus enabling the organization to achieve its objective.
For a sneak peak into what the team does, have a look at these blog posts:
We’re looking for people who deeply care about improving the developer experience of shipping software. If you're someone who has good programming experience and has an opinion about what a great developer experience and continuous delivery pipeline of a cloud-native application should look like, then we’d love to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain CI/CD platforms for engineering teams across Grofers
- Drive a culture of CI/CD. Find bottlenecks in the software delivery pipeline and fix them with developers to help them deliver working software faster. Think organization-wide pipelines, faster builds, feature flags, etc.
- Frequently collaborate with developers to help them learn how to deploy to production as safely as possible using techniques like progressive delivery
- Evaluate cutting edge technologies and build PoCs, feasibility reports, and implementation strategies.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow young engineers on the team technically to become better at the craft of infrastructure engineering.
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
What you need:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with focus on infrastructure and developer experience
- Experience programming in one or more languages such as Python, Go, and/or Bash
- Experience in solving problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Experience with Containers and Container Orchestration systems (such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc)
- Experience with configuration management, deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Skaffold, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
Good to have
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls), web standards (like REST APIs, web security mechanisms) and relatively newer communication protocols (like GRPC, Thrift, GraphQL, etc.).
- Experience with tooling helping with continuous delivery and developer experience (such as Jenkins, Helm, Skaffold, Telepresence, Argo CD, Tekton, Jenkins X, etc.)
- Experience with using or operating supporting datastores like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Consul and/or Cassandra.
- Software development experience with exposure to test-driven development
- Have contributed to open-source (how ever basic that might be)