SDE I | Cloud Platform
Gurugram , Technology
Who we are:
grofers is leading the charge in transforming India’s vast, unorganised grocery landscape through cutting-edge technology and innovation. We believe every Indian deserves the opportunity to continually improve their life – a process that often begins at home. As part of our mission of helping consumers make healthier, better choices when buying everyday products, we make a wide range of high-quality grocery and household products accessible, affordable, and available right at their doorsteps.
Built on a proprietary technology stack, the grofers platform serves as a convergence of consumers looking for everyday essentials, partner stores who serve their needs efficiently, and manufacturers looking for a channel to reach a nation of consumers. While our technology caters to the burgeoning population of urban India, it is ready and poised to serve the next 100+ million Indians who are yet to start shopping online.
We believe the ecosystem we power can transform the lives of a billion Indians significantly over the coming decade. They will have access to everyday essentials like groceries at the best value, be able to discover products that improve their health and wellbeing, and spend more meaningful time with their families – with the assurance that their essential needs are being looked after by us. On the other side of this virtuous cycle are the millions of local businesses catering to a nation’s needs, helping create more opportunities for employment, growth, and above all, a better life.
It's a $600 Billion challenge to solve, which is why we are looking at hiring smart, articulate and ambitious individuals to be a part of the team building the future at grofers. If this seems exciting to you, join us! Read more about us here.
Why you will love working with us:
- Customer love: We always put the interests of customers ahead of our own. We work hard to earn and keep their trust, and to bring them delight
- Bias for action: We dream big, take risks and have a strong bias for action. In difficult situations we make sound decisions and take thoughtful action
- Frugality: We are always looking for ways to do more with less - by creating the highest leverage possible with our time, as well as resources
- Confidence: We are tenacious and optimistic, and do not take no for an answer. Our people are quietly confident and openly humble
- Challenge status-quo: We are candid, authentic and transparent. We speak our mind, make connections that others miss and take smart risks
- Learner’s mindset: We keep learning and evolving to be able to meet our audacious goal of empowering every Indian to lead a better life
About Cloud Platform Team:
The Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure platform as a product used by engineers at grofers. What does that mean? We have many platforms. The Cloud Platform is the base platform that we provide to other platform and product engineering teams to build solutions on top. It is the foundational layer for every engineering platform and consumer products and also the custodian of “everything cloud”. The cloud platform team is responsible for providing common core technologies (EC2, ELB, Firewall, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, etc.) and cloud services as products that enable all teams to move fast while reducing their operational overheads. The Cloud Platform team is also responsible for governance and risk management, security and cost of the overall cloud landscape. We are the team which builds infrastructure platforms as products for our engineering teams that enables them to move fast while balancing risk and cost.
Here is a quick peek into some of our work that we have been doing:
What you will do:
- You will build and operate highly-available foundational infrastructure service in our cloud environment (Consul, Vault, Postgres, Kafka, to name a few)
- You will build self service tools which enable developers to execute their work in a much more efficient way (some examples are custom ansible modules, terraform modules, cost visibility dashboards, monitoring dashboards, etc.)
- Provide a solid cloud governance model that helps us leverage the maximum potential of the cloud
- You will be working closely with the DevOps support team to help them resolve issues with our platforms, improve quality of the platform and it’s processes, thus reducing operational burden
- Collaborate with the Information Security team and the IT governance team to keep the platform secure and compliant.
- Manage governance and operations of our SaaS vendors as part of the platform (like Cloudflare, Spotinst, Atlassian, Sendgrid, etc).
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
What you need:
- 1-3 years of experience with complex, highly scalable cloud based systems
- Hands on experience with tools in the areas of Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform, CloudFormation), orchestration and configuration management (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.), Key/Value stores (such as Consul, Etcd and Vault), job schedulers (such as Jenkins, RunDeck, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP. We use AWS.
- Excellent with Python, Bash, or any other scripting language.
- Understanding of and experience of operating at least one open-source data stores (such as Postgres, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls), web standards (like REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience in solving problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues
Good to have:
- Knowledge or working experience with containers and container orchestration (docker swarm, Kubernetes etc)
- Experience with relatively newer communication protocols (like gRPC, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience with back-end and UI/UX frameworks
- Understanding of Industry standards of Compliance and Security
- Experience with database administration is a huge plus