Senior Manager - Category Marketing
Gurugram , Category
Who we are:
Grofers is built around the idea that all Indians should be able to access high-quality products at affordable prices, and be given the opportunity to upgrade their lives. As part of this mission we want it to be easy for our consumers to make healthier and better choices in buying everyday products, and we do it by making an assortment of high-quality grocery products accessible, affordable and available at their doorsteps, on their preferred schedules.
Grofers, as a platform, brings together the consumers looking for everyday essentials, partners that are serving their needs efficiently and manufacturers looking for a conduit to the consumers. All of this magic happens through our proprietary technology stack.
It's a $600 Billion challenge to solve, which is why we are looking at hiring smart, articulate and ambitious individuals to be a part of the team building the future at Grofers. If this seems exciting to you, join us! Read more about us here.
Why you will love working with us:
- Customer love: We always put the interests of customers ahead of our own. We work hard to earn and keep their trust, and to bring them delight
- Bias for action: We dream big, take risks and have a strong bias for action. In difficult situations we make sound decisions and take thoughtful action
- Frugality: We are always looking for ways to do more with less - by creating the highest leverage possible with our time, as well as resources
- Confidence: We are tenacious and optimistic, and do not take no for an answer. Our people are quietly confident and openly humble
- Challenge status-quo: We are candid, authentic and transparent. We speak our mind, make connections that others miss and t;ake smart risks
- Learner’s mindset: We keep learning and evolving to be able to meet our audacious goal of empowering every Indian to lead a better life
About the role:
As a part of the team, this individual will help us to drive category growth and will be the voice of customers within the category team. He/She will design and manage initiatives to help grow the category on the platform through effective promotions and campaign management. This role will have a direct impact on the category performance on the platform.
What you will do everyday:
- Understand and own end to end customer funnel for the category
- Work with brand marketing, category, product, engineering & other central teams to develop medium and long term plans on customer acquisition & retention
- Propose, manage and implement the on app marketing and promotion calendar for the category in coordination with the marketing and business development team
- Drive overall marketing strategy and communication for specific categories on the platform
- Own category campaigns end to end: manage targeting and segmentation, messaging and design, planning and execution as well as reporting on individual campaign results
- Work closely with site merchandising, digital & category teams to improve paid and organic traffic efficiencies.
- Manage day to day campaigns to drive category sales
- Set up dashboards to analyze asset-wise and category-wise health on a daily basis
- Prepare and execute sell-out plans by liaising with brands and developing brand-led site properties
- Drive brand campaigns, co-manage marketing ROI metrics for key partner brands
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Skills you need to do the job:
- Minimum 3-5 Years experience in leading FMCG/Retail/Internet companies
- Strong analytical skills
- A hustler and a leader with great attention to details
- A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and influence across levels within and outside the organization
- Prior experience of working with internet companies will be a plus